Let's start this with just 2 pages: 1) The home page, and 2) a shopping cart page which will be integrated into the website. There will likely be opportunity for the contest winner(s) to create additional pages/content. One thing I hate about most veterinary websites is that every page is generally presented the same way. This site/design will be implemented using a major content management solution like DotNetNuke, and we plan on leveraging the robust skinning and layout features one has come to expect in rich-content websites.
Here are the sites I want to reference for this discussion:
http://bcvc.agcdemo.com -- A site that is live under a different url, which I wrote.
http://vet1.agcdemo.com -- This is just a fledgling example site in progress, working with the out-of-the-box DotNetNuke Skin. It will become very obvious that we're just copying content from the BCVC site to this -- and that it is still very much under construction.
There are elements of both of these sites that I like... and that I'd like to incorporate into the new design(s):
- A place on each page to highlight promotions or special announcements.
- Quick Links and other info on the footer of every content page
- A way to draw attention to "My Pets Pages" and "Online Store/Pharmacy", and "Make an Appointment" on every page -- these are important features.
- 3 Column flexibility
- Toolbar for Login/Logout, Register/Edit Profile Link, Site Language Selection, Alerts/Messages
- Search Bar
- I like to incorporate both horizontal and vertical navigation, although I'm open to designs that are just one or the other.
- Social Media Links on all pages
This page will likely have a different layout than all subsequent content pages. The BCVC site does not have a good example here. The demo site gives an idea of what I'm looking for.
ONE CONTENT PAGE
I'll leave it up to you, the designer, to design one all'l page. There point here is that I need at least one generalized interior content page. I will likely ask the winners to work on other content page options, but keeping things simple for now will probably make the contest easier. Some strong possibilities could be:
- My Pet Pages\My Pets\Pets page.
- What makes us special
I will continue to revise this as things progress.
We will possibly choose more than one winner, depending on what turns up.