Redesign a very popular website that receives more than a million visitors per day to it. Great for a resume! We're looking for exceptional talent for long-term projects and we have no problem paying very well for great work!
The current design is very old and we are looking to update it. We want to incorporate a community feel with the web 2.0 presence that's easily expandable as more features are added to the site.
This contest is for one page (uncoded) only so we can see if the right person is on here to do the rest of the site. The winning bid will be offered to do the rest of the site at an agreed upon amount.
Ok so a bit more comprehensive examples:
mtv.com (great overall. the featured big box is great, 300x250 ad
location is great, top header part i think is the best part of this
design) or yahoo's style such as (http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/…dexap1.jpg) this can be used maybe for "featured albums"
music.aol.com is another great example for overall
A featured or a highlights area with a big picture is a plus. Keep
in mind you can add features to the home page that you think look good
but are not there yet. You can do stuff with mini tabs such as http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/…abstz7.jpg
- Light Colours
- Web 2.0 feel
- Community Interface (login box or if you're logged in a welcome box)
- Easy navigation
- Easy standard search that will be on all pages
- Creativity and unique ideas
- Please include a few extra features that aren't currently on the homepage- "Customize Homepage" (like on bbc.co.uk we want to allow users to customize their homepage so they can add or take modules away)
- Tabbed mini boxes such as on yahoo.com. On their site you can see it as "Featured, Entertainment, Sports, Video" at the top of the page in the middle.
- Good login / logged in box is shown on yahoo.com
- Good example is (good example http://www.mtv.com/?source=CTY_CA )
- Another great example is http://www.bbc.co.uk
- Something that's pretty much as it is now but slightly different
- Dark Colors