Our goal is to teach people how to cook online, and to do that, we are relaunching our current site howcookingworks.com into a social site (think of it as a facebook, but for food and cooking).
We really are passionate about food and feel that there is no site online that teaches people how to cook. The hope is that through this clean and friendly site, we will help change society by having people able to share their cooking knowledge and experiences.
We are relaunching our current site http://www.howcookingworks.com as a social networking food site to learn how to cook. This layout of the site should not follow the old site at all.
The user demographics of our site is primarily going to be 25 - 60, so the UI needs to be clean and easy to use. The reason we have a higher age range is because those are the people who know how to cook.
The colors of the site have to be food colors: primarily green, brown, and red http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html
We are looking for
1) The designer to create our PROFILE page.
2) A clean and simple site with a modern look. Think facebook
3) The designer to integrate our existing logo into the site (the designers can change the logo colors)
4) Usage of food colors - designer to select
5) The site needs to fit in the context of a social networking site.
6) We will provide wireframes of 4 pages do give the designer the context of the entire site. The designer should only provide the PROFILE page only.
+ The background of the site is white
+ width of the site is 800pixels
+ logo size - is 321x66 (recommended - you can change)
+ The wireframes are a guide. The designer is expected to put their creativity in the mockup.
Explanation of enclosed artifacts
+ howcookingworks_logo.zip.zip - this is our logo in photoshop in layers.
+ small_logo.jpg - our pan logo in different colors.
+ ProfilePage-DESIGNER.. - This page the user is to implement
+ Landing_page.jpg - a page will be implemented based on your mock-up
+ Inbox.jpg - a page will be implemented based on your mock-up