We want to relaunch the website http://www.arpad-kraemer.com. It will feature more content and should be redesigned for a brighter and more modern look. The design should be rather simple as to support the little amount of information on the website.
Coding of the design is not required, we want the design of the homepage and one inner page.
Arpad Krämer is a composer who composes modern songs and classical music. His work is not to be considered mainstream music, which should be reflected in the design. He is doing musical productions, which will be presented on the page with images and sound samples, as well as conducting classical orchestras.
The website contains the following elements in the navigation:
We are open for layout suggestions. We made a few sketches of the above mentioned pages, it is not required that you keep this exact layout if you do a great design though.
- http://www.alpinresorts.com/images/…tact.pngOf course we don't want you to design all pages for this prize. We want one design for the home page and one for the works page, I just thought that you might like to know how the rest of the website could look like.
The target audience of the website are directors of operas and theatres. Secondary, this website should serve as source of information for colleagues and fans.
The design should have a calm, serious and slightly artistic spirit. It should support the pragmatic down-to-earth, but also the creative and original nature of the presented person. Kitsch is absolutely not wanted. Don't present the composer as someone who's sitting behind the piano all day - in reality, a lot of the music is written down on empty sheets on a desk using only a pen.
Accepted File Formats
Any sort of layered format readable in GIMP. (*.psd, *.xcf, ...)
There is an existing website at http://www.arpad-kraemer.com. We don't like the dark look of the website and especially not the kitsch on it (little clefs, piano).
- bright, professional look
- simple design to support the little content (this is no portal)
- artistic influences
- lots of whitespace
- fixed width, scalable (think em/%), default width < 950px
- overloaded pages
- small fonts (<12pt)
- overuse of gradients!!!! (sorry, people tend to oversee this one...)