We will customize the main theme concept ourselves to suit each page in the site, though we will look highly upon candidates who offer to include such samples in their designs.
The current site is very outdated:
We tried to redo on this development site, but are unhappy with the results:
We are looking for capable designers who can read our design brief and understand what we need, even if we don't know ourselves yet!
Desired functions of new website design:
- high impact theme
- instant recognition of what service is offered to customers
- professional looking, while maintaing image of being a "local service"
- easily readable font sizes
- efficient use of space on page to deliver the most content in initial viewport
- optimized for minimum 1000px width, 600px height and scaling "gracefully" for large/wide monitors (does not need to be fluid layout, but can be)
- creative use of CSS sprites to keep page assets minimal
- externally linked CSS + JS assets
- standards compliant and cross-browser compatible, clean and commented CSS/xHTML
We will be taking the winning design and slightly modifying for additional regional cities we service. The winning candidate may be given preference for additional header/logo design work for subsequent sites (extra incentive to do well on this one!).