I am a hobbiest game designer. All the work I do for the game happens in my "spare" time. The game makes no money, but it gives me the opportunity to interact with a fun community of other gamers.
Gamers! Most people who play are age 15-40, 90% male.
I've got a game (http://game.forgottenplanets.com). I would like a fresh new design.
The current design has some problems that I'd like to resolve with a re-design:
- The menu is cluttered because space is lacking (drop down menu? side menu in a panel (see http://www.phpbb.com sub menu for a sample)?)
- The resource bar is cluttered and packed tight when a user plays for a while and has many resources - again, this is due to lack of space and having to share with the sub-menu (login to see it)
- The chat area is out of view to the right, but I'd like it to be more prominent
What I would like in the new design:
- Content Panels - If you look at the pages, you'll note that the content comes up in a panels. For example, with the sample page above, you see there is a panel for the Star Map, and another panel for the Mini Map. The panels need to remain - and if you can keep the same color it would mean I wouldn't have to redesign lots (this is not a requirement, I don't want to stifle creativity here).
- Quick launch - I've got some icons that represent pages the users access regularly. You'll note they are ugly and don't fit in well (upper right hand corner).
I'd like all contests to be design in Photoshop and delivered in a layered PSD file.