A Youth Program in Minnesota is looking to redesign it's primary webpage. This site impacts students and parents of over 3000 church members. We focus on all areas of christian youth ministry, but are primarily a sending church. Our church's website can be found here: http://www.woodburylutheran.org/
We are in the process of merging two sites into one. The existing sites are:
We have already established our logo and offline identity and do not wish to change it. The new sites primary brand will need to be tied the bridge121 logo. You can see this logo here:
There is also a zip file containing EPS files for our logos colors, the font, etc. Feel free to make use of this material for this project. We simply ask that you DONT attempt to change the logo.
Also, this year's theme is based around the word "Free" as in "Free to Live" or "Freedom through Christ". Some verses we are considering include: Galatians 5:13-16a, Galatians 5:1, Romans 6:18, Romans 8:2
Feel free to work this theme into your design.
The site has 2 very unique audiences:
Primary: Highschool Teens, 7th to 12th grade.
These kids are very involved in social networking sites like facebook and twitter. Modern, flashy, edgy design is what it's all about for them. (But not overkill either)
Secondary: Highschool Parents,
Although we need the site to have some edge and flashy, it can't do this at the price of usability, readability, or general parental sanity :-).
- Must incorporate the Bridge121 Logo as part of the branding
- Must Deliver .jpg and layered PSD. We always like any .AI's, .ttfs, etc. that may have been generated during production as well (and the rights in the clear).
Desires for Front Page (main design we are looking for)
- Grid Type layout (easily expandable)
- Room for Things like:
-- A Flash Video
-- A mini calendar of upcomings events
-- Email List Signup
-- Facebook and Twitter Integration
-- A footer (for location information)
-- News blurbs
- Would like it to have the "free" theme incorporated as described in "tell us about yourself"
- Would prefer it to be fix width < 1000px (if grid, I like 960px)
- Would prefer to not have stock photos in it (as other than placeholders).
- Would like to site to remain "seeker sensitive", so try not to go all gung-ho on the crosses/etc. Would rather it be a more "general" youth site.
Other Things we may try to incorporate
- Blog Posts
- A Forum